The Epic 2015 video and article presents a picture of 2015 and the effects of technologies such as blogging, social networking systems, and the convergence of popular news sites on journalism. The invention of EPIC, allows users to contribute any information to a central grid, allowing the system to automatically create news tailored to individuals. EPIC stores and categorizes news, demographics, political beliefs and habits and history of users. It provides a detailed summary of the world. The invention of EPIC leads to the downfall of media organizations such as the New York Times.
The question is: how close are we to the 2015 described in EPIC 2015?
I believe the point of the Epic 2015 was to illustrate the large media organizations that are being threatened by the popular online news services. To this point, I believe we are very close to Epic 2015. Today, most Americans are getting their news from online journals or news sites. Print Media such as newspapers have become outdated and the drop in their sales show this. Magazines have also begun to take a hit. However, I do not believe major media organizations like the New York Times will ever come to an end. To compete with social networking sites and bloggers, they will need to modernize their online publishing but I believe this is something they can and will to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment